At the age 40, the big four-zero, and a lot of things started to change for you. Body metabolism slowing down – leading to constipation, weight gain, fatigue; your skin and hair began to lose the lustre and shine it had during your 30s and emotionally you noticed yourself becoming a bit sluggish, disinterested and less enthusiastic. Go for routine check-up, get blood tests done, and was devastated to find out that all my symptoms, which was attributed to your age, were, in fact, symptoms of hypothyroidism.
Without wasting any time, Start prescribed medicines by your doctor. Your symptoms started improving, Your doctor also suggests to enhance your thyroid’s functioning, Change certain aspects of your life pronto. It was then that you start realizing that the no extra effort needs to come from you if you wanted to go back to your old (or younger) self.
Start Modifying Your Diet
* Constipation was uppermost in your mind because it was your most distressing complaint. And the biggest fighter of constipation is FIBRE. I ditched the chips, biscuits and junk foods and started snacking on salads, beans, and fruits instead.
* As far as vegetables were concerned, You need to avoid cruciferous vegetables such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and kale as they can block the thyroid’s ability to absorb iodine, which is essential for normal thyroid function.
* Switched from sea salt to iodized salt. Iodine is the precursor for the production of thyroid hormone and hence an essential nutrient for thyroid functions.
* Another important nutrient was selenium because it helps the thyroid function properly. Snacking on a handful of nuts (Brazil nuts, Macadamia nuts, almonds, cashew nuts, hazelnuts, etc), and adding them to your salads or stir-fries also helped to break the monotony.
Start Remodelling Your Life
* We all know how good exercise is for us, and whenever we go to a doctor, they almost always ask us to exercise as a solution to most of our health issues. But doing the right exercise is extremely important.
* After consulting your doctor, You need to increase the amount of cardio-respiratory exercises such as swimming, running and brisk walking. Not only did it help you losing weight but also improve your thyroid function.
* Yoga was another blessing for you. It helped to relax, de-stress and improve your flexibility and energy levels.
* Another thing your physician always mentioned get a adequate sleep. Please avoid staying awake too late at night, and hit the sack early possible. As a result, you woke up feeling fresher and more energized than before.
Following this steps gets a controlled health and this has helped to improve your thyroid wellness meter.
To know more about Hypothyroidism and its symptoms, causes, complications and Homeopathic Treatment visit www.pdchealth.com